The Church of Christ in Falls Church was started in the spring of 1949, when some members of the Arlington Church of Christ who lived in the Falls Church area met to consider establishing a new congregation in Falls Church. The first worship service was held on September 4, 1949 and made up of 46 members.
The new church met at 232 West Broad Street. The first church building was completed in 1951 and was located at East Broad Street and Church Place in Falls Church.
In April, 1954, only five years after it was established, the congregation’s rapid growth made it necessary to hold two worship services each Sunday morning.
In 1956, it was decided that a larger building was necessary and three acres at the current location was purchased. The new building opened for use January 11, 1959.
From 1950 until 1999, this Church has been served by ten ministers. Mike Tune has served as the pulpit minister since 1999. A more extensive history is available in our 50th Anniversary handbook, available to all new members.